Tuesday, January 8, 2013

New beginnings, and Brains


One of the first plushes I created without the use of a pattern was Gnarly the Zombie:



Gnarly, as you can see, fit very well with his name.  His defining features included an 'interactive' brain that rattled around inside his head, and a dangling eyeball.  He's been beat up a bit, and is covered in fake blood made from flour, water, and food coloring. 


Over time, as I've learned to make a variety of other things, I keep coming back to zombies. The design has evolved a bit, and I've experimented with other varieties of zombie, including zombie cats and a zombie Easter Bunny.  

amigurumi zombieamigurumi zombie

This style of zombie has a hollow head that has been cut in half,  but some others have regular-sized heads with bits of brain sticking out of the back in the form of pink loops of yarn.  Other features like bitten-off ears, stitches, bandages, and bits of exposed stuffing have all appeared on the newer variations.


What can I say? I love zombies. Zombies, however, only love brains.   :'(

No comments:

Post a Comment