Sunday, January 13, 2013

Gir!


One of the first things I really focused on, when trying to grab people's attention with my projects, was Invader Zim.  There are an untold number of people who absolutely love Gir. 


I'm inclined to agree,  since the puppy outfit is great, and Gir shares my love for cake.  For anyone who doesn't know me,  saying that I love dessert is a severe understatement.  I have a rather large tattoo of a cupcake directly over my heart. >.<


I ended up making Gir in his normal form a few years ago, and just took off on all sorts of strange variations from there.   Gir loves cake, so why not make Gir AS cake??


The shots above were taken at Anime Boston this past spring, where I had a vendor table for the first time in the Artist's Alley.  At that same convention,  I also made a Gir hat to use as a raffle prize.


Since I don't generally use patterns, and Gir's head is shaped kind of funny,  I may not be making any more of these for a while,  but they were definitely fun projects to work on.  Something something, doom doom doom!



No comments:

Post a Comment